Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't Know Why I'm Feeling Down

...
Could be because I am exhausted and I can't seem to get caught up with all the stuff that needs to be done RIGHT NOW!!! I am amazed by the number of adults running around with their heads on fire, as if I am the only person on the planet in possession of a water hose.

I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed, with work in a mess and the wedding only days away, and a boatload or two of totally insane relatives on the way.

I need a list:

1) I don't know why in times like this I start to honestly feel like people are only pretending to like me. I don't know why anyone would ever do that.. there wouldn't really be any benefit in it, but sometimes that thought bugs me.

2) I don't really feel like it's a new year; I feel like it won't be a new year until January 20th. Is that weird?

3) I wish Monster and Duckie could be inside more when I am home. By the time I get here, it is usually the doggies' turn to be inside the house. Cats stay in the garage when the dogs are in, in order to avoid becoming part of the menu. But I would really like a furry little snuggle right now, and I am sure that my Monster would oblige. He probably needs the rest, since he and Duckie seem to have taken their diet seriously. They have been chasing each other all over the house, pouncing and growling, for several days. It looks like great fun.

4) By the way, Trigger is excellent as usual. We went for a ride on Sunday, and he was the soul of patience, even though the other gelding on the ride was obviously trying to rile him up. Trigger behaved beautifully (only pinned his ears back two or three times), until the really attitudinal (but gorgeous!) mare in the front was made to come to the back of the line with us. Her owner wanted to work on her trail manners.. but I had to call time, since I have a wedding in MERE DAYS and I don't want to walk down the aisle in a full body cast, thanks just the same. Trigger doesn't like being in close proximity to edgy mares. I don't blame him, to be honest.

5) Dinner tonight was pan seared lemon chicken on garlic onion rolls, topped with arugula, pears, and prosciutto in white wine and mustard vinaigrette. I was feeling ambitious. It was delish. :-D

Feeling slightly gloomy playlist:
"Down On Me" - Janis Joplin

Tomorrow: Dinner at AC's-- she doesn't cook, but it sounds good anyway!
American Idol on the big screen...
Last day of work before the wedding extravaganza!!!

2 comments:

The Princess said...

I want that reciepe!! American Idol Ohhhhhell yeah, I love to watch it it's very soothing to me!!! ROFLMAO!!!!! LOve ya!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for you in the next week or so. I know that it will be beautiful, and can't wait to see the pictures!