Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Plan.. Well, Framework at Least

Of course this must take the form of a list.. I am so fond of lists after all, and this is a goal-oriented list of things that..... well, you'll see.

1) As soon as the wedding is over and my insurance changes over, I am going to counseling. I need to get a few things straight before I dawdle and shrug my way through the rest of my life.

2) And then, I am going to enroll in the preparatory classes for the GMAT (yes, again, because I did such a horrible job on it the last time I took it.. That'll teach me to think I can do everything and that I don't need any help!) and the LSAT. Then I'm going to take the tests.

3) Once I pass the GMAT and the LSAT, I am going to apply to four schools that offer the combination MBA/JD degree program. I will do work-study at whichever university I end up at, in the research administration departments, to keep my experience up and to still earn money while I'm at school. L and I are going to plan the next 4 years so that I can go to school and we can start a family (maybe)..

4) And when I get out of school, I will go for the real jobs. Maybe even go into practice in grants law or audit resolution. I will make much more money than I do now, and if I play my cards right, I might not have too much debt from the student loans, either.

Of course there are things that need to be figured out. I know I will apply to USC and Wake Forest and Duke (even though I know I am not smart enough to get into Duke's Law program, no way, no how. I am nothing if not realistic). I need to find another school that isn't too far away that offers that program. Unfortunately, Clemson doesn't have a law school. Oh well.. everything can't be perfect, can it?

And now.. breakfast, and some sort of plan for the day. I'd like to go riding, but that isn't going to happen. :-( So...

Later: Who knows?

3 comments:

The Princess said...

Your organizational skills amaze me!!!! Summer went to the beach with dave and the girls and Zac. I am going to.... who knows....hopefully get a suntan!~

Anonymous said...

If you get in in Denver, let us know if you need housemates!

Warm wishes and prayers to you!

--S

Francake said...

Wow - You amaze me!
Figuring out the details is always the hard part and I hate it!
-f