Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Day at the Barn..

I had a great day, as you can tell..

This is me and D helping M get his wet boots off. It took all three of us, but we finally did it. M looked so cool in his waders.. we all said he looked like an overgrown leprechaun with a chainsaw in them. Everybody liked my Brunswick stew, too. Then Trigger and I went for a ride with A and Tardy and their dog, Z. It was fun. :-)

When I got home, I had another myspace message from "Roy" telling me he knows my wedding date, and not to have any children because of what a horrible mother I will be. What a ****ing moron.

But that's fine. I am documenting everything. All I have to do is put up with another couple weeks of this and then I will just have his slovenly, drug-using butt arrested. Maybe spending Christmas in the slammer would convince him that I am not a worthy object of his attentions? I can only hope.

See, here's the thing: Real friends would never do this to someone, even if you had a falling out. Take A for instance. We might be upset with each other, but she nor I would ever do something like that to one another. She was a real friend.. and I am still sorry for the loss, even though there was nothing I could do about it (principle of the thing, ya know).

Real friends respect you, like L. They can disagree without being nasty or confrontational, like PR. They make you smile like F. They tell you the truth like AC and CJ and R, even when it's not really what you want to hear. And a real friend would respect your wish not to talk about something.. or to them.. if you didn't want to.

This situation with Roy also makes me think seriously about something I never believed before: The decisions you make when you're a teen or in your early 20s.. even something as trivial as who to go out on a date with... can have serious repercussions and shock waves for years to come. In short, some decisions you make will come back and bite you in the ass every chance they get. Take it from someone who has learned it the hard way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you as a teen, and I hope I'm not a freak!! ;)

I'm always amazed by the entitlement that people think that they have over other people's friendships.

Stay strong, and I hope that this works out well!

o.r.p. said...

LOL arlecchina.. you were never a freak! In fact you were one of the coolest people I knew in high school.. one of the few who didn't give a flying rip what people thought, who had genuine talent in drama, who wasn't the least bit concerned with the TLH caste system. There were many of us who were heartbroken to see you go.. even if we were too concerned with being cool to say so at the time. ;-)
--b

Anonymous said...

~giggle~

Well, that's nice to hear, especially since I thought that you were one of the coolest people whom I knew!!