Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Meeting Up With the Past

Last night I had to go meet J to sign over his car title. He finally paid it off. He has no further influence over my credit whatsoever now. It's really all over and done. Finally. Hallelujah.

I ended up talking to him for about 45 minutes or so. He is still quite a talker. But it was really strange. It was almost as if we were still friends and none of the other crap had ever happened. I realized something last night. Several somethings actually:

1) He is and has always been a serial dater. He will never be happy in a committed relationship. He has gone back to his old habits, and obviously that's who he has always been. Just proves my theory that we really should never have gotten married at all. This is why I am an advocate of premarital counseling, y'all.

2) He is and has always been something of a boor. But you know what? There has to be a place in the world for boors, and he has finally found his niche. That's cool. I think back when I was young and stupid, the only men I knew were intolerable boors, and I didn't know there were any different men. I didn't get to spend enough time with my father to see what a man is supposed to be like. I just got enough "daddy" to feel lacking and incomplete most of the time. But that's another subject. If I had known then what I know now... well I wouldn't have made a lot of the mistakes I made.

3) I cannot for the life of me figure out what I ever saw in that man. He is okay as a person, very funny, and is probably great at his job (computer training for Russians? I think? lol).. but put him side by side with L and ... WOW. There is no comparison. None. L is a whole 'nother level, as my sister would say. J is amusing. J is charismatic as ever. J is not particularly interesting. He is not attractive to me in the least. And he could never, ever compete with L in any arena anywhere.

He did say that he saw the engagement announcement, and that he liked our picture. Nice of him to say, and proves to me that whaddaya know, he HAS grown up a bit. He asked about PR and said to tell him hello (aside to PR: He said that "Cabbage Head always was kinda crazy.") He's also going to email me his documentation of harassment by "Roy" for my growing file.

Speaking of which... I have crafted a "cease and desist order" and will be sending that out as soon as I have specific dates for the remaining 3 of the 13 complaints listed therein. More on that later.

I also had dinner with LJ, CJ, and MS last night at the Pub. It was good to see them all again. Missed Mr. B and Fred though.

Later: "Get in the kitchen and make me a PIE!"

2 comments:

The Princess said...

Thanks for the comment... yes mama, I definatley got that gene.... LOL. Your right...I will move on as soon as I decided I've had enough I guess. Why is it so hard to give up on situations like this for me??? I'm living and learning as we all are I suppose! Love ya...

Anonymous said...

Not surprised that u were bored with J, Youve always been a more interesting person.. (not just cuz ur my auntie BArg) but bc u just r! i love you muchhlyy