Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sometimes I think..

Sometimes I look at the magazines that come in the mail, and at the t.v. shows that come on at night and think...

Wow, I could do better.

I could write a better script.
I could write a better song.
I could design a better outfit.
I could sing much better than half the kids on American Idol this year.. I'm just too damn old.

What the heck has happened to American culture?? Am I just getting old and crotchety, or has real talent and creativity gone down the tubes?

Or maybe everyone else's parents discouraged them too. Maybe no one in my generation actually took their talents seriously.

I wish I had. If I had followed my original dream, I could have been blazing a creative trail right now. Instead I am doing a boring desk job because it's stable, putting my writing, music, and art on a back burner because I don't have time for it, and regretting it already.

Who knows what it will feel like 5 years from now? But it's a good 10 years too late for me. My time for flying by the seat of my pants is long gone.

So. Suck it up and deal with it, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talent and Creativity HAVE gone down the tubes, especially in mass production settings.