Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rain

After months of waiting for it to rain, it chooses NOW.. when I have free time to go riding, to hang out with Trigger, to do all the outdoor things I want to do.. Looks like this whole weekend is a bust for riding altogether. Trigger is going to forget what I look like. :-(

But the house will be clean. :-)

Last night was a first in our house. I burned our dinner. I made Cassoulet Stuffed Bread with hot sausage, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, onions, thyme, bay leaves, and carrots.. but I left it under the broiler (550.. yikes!) for about 2 minutes too long and the top layer was black. Still, it must not have been terrible.. L went back for seconds.

Tonight: Citrus Glazed Chicken with Arugula Orange Salad.

I just took MonsterHead to the vet for his annual checkup. He was furious about being put in his carrier, and even more furious about being given shots and stuff. He yowled like a banshee all the way to and from the vet, and he is still stalking around the house on his little eraser toes uttering feline curses under his breath. He has gained 2 pounds in the last two months (which would be roughly equivalent to me gaining 30) and is nudging the "morbidly obese" mark.

Right now he has his head buried in the food dish. Guess I'd better remove the kitty buffet before he gains another few pounds.

I think L and I are going to check out the after Christmas sales today, and attempt to locate a decent fake Christmas tree at a decent price. Then we are going to the movies. :-)

Later: More Cleaning...
NP Update: Before Christmas I bought gasoline for a co-worker who is (supposedly) hurting in the financial department. Bonus points for being a co-worker I am not overly crazy about. I'm trying. Latest NP project: a care package for a dear friend whose kitchen is severely lacking in tools, dishes, pots and pans, etc. I have more than I could ever use, with more on the way for the wedding.. so I am making a package of the nicer and more useful things that aren't being used in my kitchen for him. Hopefully it will be well received..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss rain SO much!! Want to trade it for the foot of snow we have to come home to in Denver?

The Princess said...

Np+nice!!=) I'm sooo tired!!! Love the post and Love you too!!

Francake said...

I have zero New Years plans as of now, but I just saw your comment so let me know if yall do end up doing anything. With all the excitement of graduating and Christmas and all this rain I think I'm OK with not doing much....
-f