Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One Angry Girl

I'm back, after moving furniture for a solid week. I love the new house and generally everything is going great..

Except..

Except today I am ready to effing kill something because my last nerve has been trampled and I want to SCREAM at people, "For the love of god STFU and let me answer one question before you ask me 14 more.."

I wish I were oblivious to people who try and snow me into thinking that they care what I have to say. I wish they'd all just stop talking at me. Or at least slow it down to, say, two per day. That would make my life a lot easier.

And then there's the ongoing saga with my mother.. I talked to her today, and she sounded like she was on her last leg, but with a good dose of that whiny, tired-4-year-old tone. I told her to let me know when she had to be out in Arkansas for her pre-surgery appointment, that I could try to go with her, but whatever happened, I was not available on the week of the 10th. I have court that week.

SO OF FRIKKIN COURSE, when does she schedule the appointment? The 12th. The day of my court hearing. Has it ever occurred to her to say, no, that's not a good time and ask for another date? Of course not! Never! And then I feel like crap because I can't even say maybe I could do it, because I already told her I can't possibly do ANYTHING else that week. And it's not like the court system is willing to reschedule.

Then she asked me to look up flights for her, all of which were over $300 per person, whereupon she almost fainted and said they'd better drive. The thought of them driving there again makes my stomach hurt.. they're a danger to everyone on the roads, including and especially themselves.. and the thought of being trapped in a car with all of them for 10 hours one way makes me want to shoot myself in the head.

As do some of the situations I have to deal with at work today. Jeezus, people, it's called spell check, and it doesn't require a PhD or a phone call to me to be able to use it! And furthermore, I don't care what your problem is, I can't work miracles and I don't have the authority to change local, state, or federal laws because you want to do something you're not allowed to do with your grant money. Want to point the finger at someone for your stupid mistakes? Look in the mirror.

/rant

Ok, back to the mosh pit with me.. one down and 14 to go...

4 comments:

The Princess said...

Yes, I could have used Spell check but It wasn't an option on the page I was typing on. SORRY!

Anyways what is up with mom and scheduling crap all the time that doisen't work for anyone even her. She dose3n't understand the concept of "What other time do you have avalible?" Oh well, I've got to go tpo the store so I can start dinner. LOVE LOVE LOVE

The Princess said...

hey check my blog....=)

Nimba and Rubi said...

thgfh

Nimba and Rubi said...

jnjdfb