Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Music and Random Thoughts

List time again:

1) I have discovered www.pandora.com and man is it cool.

2) I have work to do. Not at work, as usual. I have music to write, and I need to work on it more. I have been as usual putting my own interests behind everything else.. especially with the move coming up. And I tend to let my music slide when things are going well and I am happy. I am not willing to accept that.. the idea that I can either be miserable 90% of the time and be a songwriter or be happy and stop the music. Doesn't work for me.

I've kind of set out on a new project these last few weeks with a new friend from the band, and he's pushing me in a musical direction that I've never considered before. This is a good thing. More about that later.

3) We closed on the house yesterday. Very soon we will be moving in, and that's an excellent thing.

4) Been thinking, too.. I think sometimes I psych myself out. For instance, relationships.. I think sometimes those of us with imaginative/creative talent tend to build up a fantasy ideal amid our yearning for that elusive thing (whatever it is, but usually a certain type of relationship that we want so much). The problem arises when our imagination is so much better than the real thing and no one could possibly live up to the dream. So while we have something wonderful, we still feel sad because our ideal doesn't exist.. and some part of us refuses to believe that the ideal doesn't exist.

Somehow you're always looking for it around the next corner, or expecting to somehow be able to bring that elusive perfection out in our current lives or relationships or whatever.

I think I do that. I think I've never been objective enough. I get tired of feeling the way I feel, though, and I get tired of nobody getting it. It's not a crisis by any means, just more randomness from the dustier recesses of my brain.

And now I gotta get back to work..

1 comment:

The Princess said...

you are right about the illousion(sp) of something you imagine...when sometimes it's right in front of you. I came to the STUNNING conclusion tonight that noone is perfect!!!! WOW it only took me 33 years to figure that one out....just remember that the next time you start wondering if the grass is greener.......