Wednesday, April 19, 2006

How Strange..

Ok, I don't get men. Sometimes the one I have is really confusing. He is great, but confusing. Like he doesn't really get mad, but I get the same vibe from him as I think I would if he were. Does that make sense? Didn't think so.

He thinks it's stupid for me to go to the tanning place, when I could lie out in the back yard. I know that I could do it that way, but it takes forever, I always end up getting scorched that way, and I just plain don't want to. I like to tan at the beginning of the season to get the base tan so that I can go to the pool and stay out as long as I want without having to worry about being blistered.

I guess the other thing is that he is not a good communicator. Mildly annoying, but nothing we can't get around if he is willing to try. I think he's just not used to it. He thinks of things his way, and that's the way it is as far as he's concerned. Convincing him otherwise is quite a job... but at this point it's not really important. At some point it will be, I know.

I think that he doesn't like to talk about certain subjects (i.e. sex), so he assumes that everything should be fine if we never talk about it. I like to talk about everything. I don't think there should be taboo subjects in a relationship (except possibly past relationships). I mean, if you can't talk about it, how do you expect to do it? You have to be able to communicate what you want on some level, and subtlety is not the strongest feature of our relationship. I for one am not a mind reader. And he is not a talker. Which leaves a little bit of a problem.

It's better than it could be, but not as good as it could be, either. We'll get there. Hopefully.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

hi, i will call u tonight and i want to talk to you about the blogs...i need more info.... i have to go to the post office so i'll call u from the car....