Monday, January 23, 2006

Hunting

We're on the hunt for a new house, in the midst of all of the other things going on.. This weekend I got my tires rotated, and now the car has a shimmy that I don't like. I almost wrecked the car on my way home Friday night, doing a couple of 360s at 70mph in the middle of the off ramp. Nobody stopped.. people suck. But at least my car and I were okay, and I was able to drive after a few minutes of catching my breath.

I got my hair cut and I like it pretty well. It's a lot shorter, which is good because it was really damaged and looking kinda trailer-esque. L and I painted the bathroom and the bedroom, and then went driving to look for neighborhoods in the town that we want to move to. Most of the new neighborhoods are funky.. the houses are so close together that if you drop something off your nightstand in the middle of the night, you might find it in the neighbors' kitchen in the morning. And there are no yards. None.

And now it is time to go to work, though once again I would prefer to go back to bed with L. He is snuggled down amongst the pillows and comforters and all I can see is the top of his head. I am jealous.. I have a long day ahead. Better get started on it..

1 comment:

The Princess said...

yes, it's true most neighborhoods now are on 0 lot lines. you have to tun sideways to pass between the houses.The best option for a yard might be to look at older houses pre-0 lotlines... or buy land and build.... some places do have bigger lots in neighborhoods though... remember Debbie's house they live in now, it's faily new and they have a goo sized yard. Also, post a pic of your hair...