Thursday, November 17, 2005

Annoyance on the West Coast

So maybe I am being a beeyotch, but...
My coworker has locked herself in the bathroom with her cellphone. In fact, I think the cellphone has been surgically attached somehow to the side of her face. She has been on it nonstop since we got here. If I am to be dining, shopping, touring, and sitting in class with someone who is on a phone with someone else the entire time, I'd just as soon travel by myself.

Obviously I do not merit the respect it would take to stay off the g.d. phone for thirty minutes.. and if that guy spends more than 15 minutes without hearing from her, the world might end.

I love the city,and it's not as if we haven't done anything fun together.. it's just profoundly irritating. Profoundly.

We tried on beautiful formal dresses at macy's tonight, and saw a filming of a TV show called Monk across the street from Union Square. Could have been cool.

Anyway I am going to watch Survivor and try to ignore the muted moans of apparent phone sex from the bathroom. Bleh.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

you have gotto be kidding me.... moans from phone sex!!!!! That blows.
It's a shame to witness someone, not seeing and taking, the opportunity[SP] to experience a wonderful time and place. Alllowing some other person pull them from their reality and own experiences, to be so insecure and dependent on someone elses approval really suxs,Especially in a few years from now, when he's long gone and she realizes she's had her head up his ass blinded by his shit for so many years...missing so many moments.

Sometimes I feel nausues{sp} when I think of how much of my early life I spent trying to please a boy and worrying about what someone else was doing and if they thought I was good or OK or where they were in general. You know on your next trip I think I should be your roommate and fly to where you are going to be, I promise not to talk on the phone through every waking moment=]