Sunday, November 13, 2005

3000 Miles

This has been a long day. Hell, it's been a long week. But this month is flying by. I don't know how I will ever get everything done that I am supposed to. For now, though, I won't worry about it.

M and I traveled to the lower part of the state to conduct training on Wednesday and Thursday. It went well, as always. I was very surprised at the lack of.. well.. anything down there. I wasn't aware of how rural most of the state is. In places, it reminded me of when I was in Africa. And when it gets dark, it gets dark. No street lights, no neon signs, nothing but stars.

Not bad, just not what I expected. I am so used to the upstate or the coast, and our economic situation is so different. I couldn't live there, though. There weren't any grocery stores to speak of, and the only restaurants seemed to be McDonald's and Pizza Hut. Bleh.

Then Friday was L's CLemson-FSU event, which went pretty well. Saturday was the football game, where we sat in the nosebleed section and got sunburned and generally had a fantastic time.

I cannot possibly explain how much I love that man.

This morning we got up at 4:40 a.m. to go to the airport. I've been traveling all day. I'm now in San Francisco. We haven't really done anything so far, except eat lunch (where a very strange lady sat next to T at the counter and had a conversation with herself), go to Walgreens, and explore the hotel a little bit.

I'm sort of jet lagged and tired... there should be more to say tomorrow. There seems to be lots to do here, as long as my deposit goes through tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

I'm so happy you are there. from what i've been told that place is awesome, very beautiful! have fun and take some pics!!!ove you!