Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Hero


A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Francake said...

This is a great post, B!

To steal your phrase I am going through lots of "life evaluation" right now......and it's NOT fun....and I'm depressed about my 24th birthday....

I hope you L and your neice have a fabulous 4th!!!