Wednesday, May 03, 2006

busy as usual

Today was crazy.. heat and hunger and presentations and running at 95mph in the slow lane in 4 inch high heels. Today was a day of big scores, though. I had a huge award come in for one of my people at work, so that was major. I worked so damn hard on that proposal, and to get it awarded is a major success. I made a good contact with a certain agency today. Made friends with a few people whose friendship I will need in the future.

I also got contacted to do some studio work for some local musicians.. that means getting paid to sing, which I would gladly do for free. Life is good. I also met some more of the new neighbors. Cool people, and I think I will continue to love it here.

Went shopping for my mother today.. Hope she doesn't hate the clothes I picked out. I tried to keep her tastes (lace collars and rosebuds, etc ad nauseaum) in mind, but ended up picking things that I like in the end. Soft lounge pants with turtles on them, yoga pants, old navy t-shirts. She's needing clothes for physical therapy, things she can move in. Anyway, hope she doesn't hate them. We'll see. Tomorrow I'll fed ex em.

L is watching TV, and I really could stand to go to bed. But I think I'll go play my guitar for a few minutes before I do. Then.. sleep as late as possible and go to work in jeans and a t-shirt. Somtimes It's just a necessity.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

hey mami... those puppies look like perfect little specimens...they are adorable.... wish i wasn't allergic=(
can't wait to see u soon in Orlando...
holla