Monday, March 14, 2005

How to Sell an Engagement Ring

I have decided I am going to do it. Even though I feel that it is somehow wrong to sell the ring that symbolizes the failed marriage.. I paid for the thing anyway. It isn't as if he has any claim to it, to ask for it back. I need to pay off my car, and I think I can get enough money for this ring. Anyway, it's not like I will ever wear it again. You can't just wear a ring like that for no reason. And I don't think the boyfriend really wants to see me sporting my wedding ring from the last unlucky schmuck when we're out on a date.

So, here's the best way to do it. First, get the ring cleaned so it sparkles and shines like it did the day you bought it, and makes you hurt to even look at it. Then go have it appraised by a reputable jeweler. After you have the appraisal, you can list it on ebay or in the paper. If you're trying to get the most for your jewelry, though, don't go to a pawn shop. You'll get quick money for it there, but you won't get nearly as much.

And I don't think I could sell it to a pawn shop. But I am selling it, even if I want to cry at the last minute. It isn't doing me any good to hang on to it.

No comments: