Thursday, July 28, 2005

People are strange

I went to an event for the Chamber of Commerce tonight. There was alcohol, food, and lots of interesting free stuff from people who set up booths.. but I'll have to say that I did not particularly enjoy it for sevearl reasons:
1) My friends, who I joined this thing with for the sole reason of doing these events together were not there. Neither did I hear from them.
2) I was stuck working the admission table instead of working the room, and
3) Once I did make it in to the party, who do I run into but one of the most persistently aggravating men I have ever met, who seems to dog my footsteps lately. I mean, this guy is just as sleazy as they come. And the boyfriend was not with me.

I had one drink and brought myself home, where the boyfriend, knowing my adoration for red meat, had bought steaks. I started up the grill, and lo, the skies opened. I must have been quite a sight, standing on the deck under an umbrella with a smoking grill, dressed in nothing but a really short housedress, with the sky thundering and rain pouring.

The dogs are afraid of the thunder, which means they follow us around when they are in the house, and howl when we put them in the garage.

And what else made my day splectacular? I went to the dentist first thing this morning, followed by the attorney's office. Splectacular indeed.

Tomorrow: D-DAY!!!

No comments: