Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Never Slow Down

Well, here I am again.
I have been busier than ever, but somehow have actually accomplished a few things, so I can't complain. I have a court date at last.
I had to meet with Numbnuts today about the mortgage on our house, which he is supposed to be paying but hasn't, and which has been sitting empty for months while the real estate agent tries to get a picture in the paper. Foreclusure is inevitable, as is his contempt of court filing. Just another chapter in the never ending saga.

And speaking of never ending sagas.. My family is at it again. This time, it's an attack on my 14-year-old niece because they don't have the cajones to bring the battle to me or my sister, where it belongs. It amazes me how some people are terrified to start a conflict with someone they know could hold their own, but don't hesitate to dump it on a child who can't defend themselves and shouldn't have to.

Mom is refusing to discuss it with me, and is mad at the poor kid for crying and for telling me about it. Well I hate to tell her this, but if she drags my name into it, I have a right to know.

And the busier I get at work, the more often they all call me during the day to weigh in on the family soap opera. I think they get extra points if they call when I have a Ph.D. in my office.

Amidst all of this, I vascillate between utter joy at the thought of being divorced by the end of the week, and queasy reflection on being in any of these situations in the first place.

The boyfriend is as fabulous as ever, although he seems a little stressed from a situation at his work, and I still am not good at reading his moods. I never know what to say, so I tend to be distant and say nothing. I am not sure that this is the smart thing to do, but I am not known for always doing the smart thing anyway.

I do keep thinking, though, that little problems that crop up (at least they are problems in my book) in every relationship year in and year out, are not his problems.. they are mine. Sick of them, I am.

No comments: