Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tomorrow's Epiphanies..

Ok, Here's the Deal (in a list, for easy perusing:

1) None of it matters anyway. None of the injustices, none of the BS. I have to play the game with the cards I have been dealt. If that includes some challenges I'd rather not have to deal with, well tough shit. That's how it works.

I have tended to hold on to the hurt, because that's all I really had that I was sure wasn't going away. I'm not stuck in that particular padded room anymore. It's time to stop behaving as if I am.

2) Things that have happened up to this point may make me mad as hell, but it doesn't do anyone any good to discuss it. No one can change it, and odds are most of them wouldn't if given the opportunity. What can I change? What I do going forward, and nothing else.

3) The only way to deal with the backbiting and rumor-mongering is to ignore it. The only way to rise above it is not to participate. If that means the climate in the office gets a little frosty for a while, well, the door has hinges for a reason. I don't have to be friendly.. I just have to get the job done. The best answer to a stupid statement is silence. And maybe a Look.

4) I'm not letting this rule my life anymore. I have more important things to do. Like post pictures.

No comments: