Tuesday, March 30, 2010

WTF?

There's something I want to know about people.

See, I know what it's like to be stressed out and to take out your frustrations on someone who doesn't deserve it. But at least I feel it coming on most of the time, and I make a conscious effort NOT to do it. Believe it or not, there are a LOT of times that I keep my mouth shut when I really want to let someone have it.

Why do I seem to catch so much crap from other people, when I try my best to NOT return the favor?

If you're wondering WTF, here's the backstory:

I went to the barn yesterday to see Trigger, and he had a pretty big cut on his neck. It had some kind of medicine on it, and between that and the scab, it really looked like it had been stitched. I didn't have my glasses on, and I didn't do a full-on inspection of it.. I just called to see if maybe something had happened while I was out of town.

I wasn't upset at all, because even if something HAD happened, I trust my friend's judgment. Well he came out there, even after I looked closer at it while we were on the phone and said, ya know what, never mind, I was wrong. It's nothing, don't worry about it.

And then he screamed at me in front of other people at the barn, basically said I was stupid and told me to go to hell.

Now with most people, I'd roll my eyes and say I'll go if you go first. But this person is someone I respected and frankly expected a lot more from than that. I don't think I've ever heard him say a four-letter word in all the time I've known him. I cried all night, like a 12-year-old girl. And that pisses me off.

I didn't deserve it and I'm tired of taking people's crap day in and day out. My job involves a measure of that by definition, and I can deal with it there because it comes with the territory. But I'll be damned if I'll listen to that from my friends too.

So yeah, the world's on notice. If you have a big steaming pile of toxic s*** to dump, find someone else to dump it on. I'm full up.

No comments: